MANAGER OF FOUNDATION & CORPORATE RELATIONS
The Manager of Foundation & Corporate Relations is responsible for supporting all aspects of James B Moran Center for Youth Advocacy’s solicitation of philanthropic support from corporations, foundations, and other sources, including government grant procurement. Along with the Director of Development & Communications this individual will design and execute a solicitation strategy that includes prospect identification, cultivation, proposal writing, and stewardship. This position will be a liaison with current corporate partners and will cultivate and steward new corporate partners to support our events and identify mutual partnerships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Director of Development & Communications to develop strategies and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for corporate and foundation giving – proposal and report writing, prospecting to identify new foundation and corporate partners, as well as cultivating and stewarding foundation and corporate partners.
- Works closely with Moran Center’s Program Staff to capture the essence of our work and effectively communicates our impact to foundations and corporate partners, as well as the community-at-large.
- Works with Administrative and Program Staff to gather information necessary to report out to corporate/foundation funders.
- Establishes and maintains a grant/report calendar.
- Provides timely notification requests for information from Administrative and Program Staff.
- Assists the Development & Communications Director in establishing a metrics-driven strategy for corporate and foundation donors and works toward annual growth goals.
- Researches and writes corporate sponsorship packages for special events.
- Assists with the development of the Moran Center’s annual report and other writing projects, as assigned.
- Represents the Moran Center in internal and external meetings with various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of five years of grant writing or related experience;
- Ability to cultivate, engage, and maintain relationships with donors;
- Superior and effective communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Motivated self-starter;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Moran Center’s work and mission;
- Comfort with ambiguity and a good sense of humor; and
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and interactive office.
- Salary commensurate with experience, up to $45,000;
- Benefits for the full-time position include healthcare, flexible spending
- account for qualified expenditures, including for health care and childcare, retirement savings plan, and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays); and
- Supportive, team-based environment and commitment to ongoing professional development.
The Moran Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, women, persons with disabilities, the elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, and Veterans are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
The Moran Center will continue accepting applications for the position until filled.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.