DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPY & COMMUNICATIONS
The James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy’s Director of Philanthropy & Communications leads the organization’s capacity building and fundraising efforts to meet the agency’s ever-expanding operational and programmatic needs. The Director builds sustainable revenue streams from individual donors, foundations, corporate and governmental entities for a current annual budget of nearly $1.1 million. The Director works to expand the Moran Center’s impact by leading the agency’s marketing and communications strategy. The Director of Philanthropy & Communications reports directly to the Executive Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Build donor relationships and manage overall philanthropic efforts:
- Lead donor relations activities with the Executive Director including annual fall appeal and personal solicitations;
- Serve as the staff representative to the Moran Center’s Philanthropic Engagement Committee;
- Create and execute annual development plan in partnership with the Moran Center’s Philanthropic Engagement Committee;
- Manage marketing and communications strategy, as well as related personnel;
- Supervise grant research, submission, and reporting, as well as related personnel;
Coordinate fundraising and “friendraising” events:
- Direct Annual Gala; and
- Execute cultivation and appreciation events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of seven to ten years in the fields of fundraising and communications with experience doing direct solicitations, managing volunteers, and supporting the work of an executive director in fundraising;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and appropriate self-confidence and maturity so as to effectively communicate the Moran Center’s vision and mission at all levels and across organizational lines in a manner inspiring to staff, board, donors and volunteers;
- Transparent and high integrity leadership and a style that motivates people to work hard while having fun;
- Experience, interest and a proven track record with major gift fundraising;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- Understanding of and commitment to the Moran Center’s work and mission;
- Comfort with ambiguity and a good sense of humor; and
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, highly collaborative and interactive office.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience;
- Benefits include health insurance (medical and dental coverage) and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays);
- Moran Center also offers a flexible spending account for qualified expenditures, including for health care and childcare; and
- A supportive, team-based environment and commitment to ongoing professional development.
Click here to download a PDF version of this posting.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 29, 2019. We will continue accepting resumes, however, until the position is filled.
The James B. Moran Center for Youth Advocacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of color, women, persons with disabilities, the elderly, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender, and Veterans are welcomed and encouraged to apply for all listed positions.